Tuesday, December 22, 2009

At Year's (but not Wit's) End

This year (like all of them since I got on the other side of 30) has flown by. Seems it was just yesterday that we were reviewing the branding agency finalists (it was December 2008) and here we are with 3 months of the strategy live and kicking (and being very well received). In 2010 (why do some people say "20 and 10"), I am looking forward to more fabulous one on one (or one on two or three) lunches/breakfasts with staff members I don't get to spend as much time with as others. I have really enjoyed those this year and have learned a lot. As I shared with my lunch mate yesterday, I want to hear your ideas for how we can serve BJC even better. So, send them to me at anytime -- I am always e-mailable and really appreciate hearing from you. I also hope to get out of the office more and do something I encourage each of you to do -- take a CLL course or two, attend a conference, and do more continuous learning in the fields that will help make one of the best departments even better (gee, seems I have seen those words before).
I could not let the year past without saying thanks to each and every one of you who do such great work (I know I did this in the last post, but you can never be too appreciative). I also want to especially thank, Barbara Reynolds, who goes above and beyond in everything she does to support our department. It is fabulous to have a true partner who is always willing to go the extra miles that are sometimes required and to go those miles with such a wonderful spirit. She is among the true blessings in my life.
Have a great 2010 and I look forward to hearing from you all.
J

1 comment:

Gary S said...

A happy and healthy new year to you, June. Of course the biggest challenge on the horizon for creative services is our move to the BJC Learning Insitute in March. It's going to be an interesting decade, for sure!